The Parmenter Law Elder Law Team provides a holistic approach to long term care planning and estate planning. We help clients, their families, and loved ones find solutions to a wide range of concerns and issues that arise as people age.
Holistic Elder Law Services, Resources and Support
Whether you are in planning mode or crisis mode, our Elder Law Team is here to help you every step of the way. We do so with compassion and empathy. We strive to ease your burden and stress and provide you with peace of mind. We give practical advice based on a holistic approach to ensure that all aspects of a client’s long term care and estate plan are considered when decisions are made.
We understand that placing a loved one in a long term care facility is a difficult and emotional decision. The client receiving the best possible care is always paramount. Other considerations include proximity of the facility to loved ones, level of care required, possible benefits available to assist with payment, and available income and assets for payment of long term care and to support the stay at home spouse if applicable. Our Elder Law Team reviews all of this information and explains the long term care options in a way that is understandable to clients and their loved ones.
Almost all clients prefer to stay at home as long as possible. This option may require family members or friends to assist with caregiving. There are many issues that go along with caregiving, including the need for respite care, emotional support, caregiver agreements, and care coordination. Our Elder Law Team is experienced to help you with these issues and we provide a Caregiver Support Group that is led by licensed social worker for our clients.
The services provided by our Elder Law Team include:
- Provide advice regarding asset protection for long term care planning
- Review long term care planning options including Medicaid benefits, MI Choice Waiver benefits, PACE Program eligibility, VA Aid & Attendance benefits, and Hospice services
- Provide advice regarding preservation of assets for Medicaid planning
- Prepare and file Medicaid applications and MI Choice Waiver applications
- Prepare and file VA Aid & Attendance applications
- Assist with placement in long term care facility
- Prepare and file petitions to appoint Guardians and Conservators
- Prepare estate plan documents, including wills, trusts, financial powers of attorney, health care powers of attorney, and life estate deeds/lady bird deeds
- Coordinate asset ownership and beneficiary designations with estate plan wishes
- Assist with process for activating Health Care Powers of Attorney
- Provide Caregiver Support Group for clients
- Prepare Caregiver Agreements
- Review of long term care insurance policies and assist with filing claims for same
- Prepare asset protection trusts for long term care planning
- Meet with clients at home, the hospital, nursing home, and assisted living when necessary
We serve clients throughout the State of Michigan, including Muskegon, Mason, Oceana, Newaygo, Kent, Lake, and Ottawa Counties. If you would like to get in touch with our Elder Law Team for advice or to schedule an appointment, please contact Anna Urick Duggins or Irish Simms. You can also check us out on Facebook.