Community service is a cornerstone of Parmenter Law. Members of our Non-Profit Team have served on many non-profit boards in Muskegon. Our individual involvement with community organizations and events provides a natural — and substantial — basis for our Non-Profit Team.
Community service organizations have many of the same concerns and issues as for-profit businesses. We understand they face unique challenges and legal requirements. Our attention to detail and dedication to finding practical solutions to problems that characterizes our practice in every arena is especially crucial in our work with non-profit clients.
Our Non-Profit Clients and Services
The community service goals and events of our non-profit clients cover a wide array of missions. Understanding the legal requirements and obligations that flow from those missions can be overwhelming to those who are dedicated to fulfilling the organization’s goals. Our Non-Profit Team understands the underlying objectives of each client and we are able to apply our years of legal experience creating, advising, and serving on local and regional non-profit boards. We take great pride in helping community organizations achieve their goals.
Our Non-Profit Team provides comprehensive legal services to community service organizations and events, including:
- Creating non-profit entities
- Preparing Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws
- Processing applications for federal tax exemption under Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3)
- Counseling on maintaining tax exempt status, including 501 (c)(3), 501 (c)(4), and 501 (c)(6)
- Ensuring federal, state, and local regulatory compliance
- Advising on organizational and governance matters and issues
- Providing employment advice and litigation defense
- Reviewing contracts and leases
- Assisting with real estate transactions, including purchases, sales, and leases
Sharing Your Mission and Goals
Every non-profit organization needs sound legal counsel. Our goal is to provide that guidance, so the dedicated individuals who participate in these organizations can focus on the community service goals of the organization, rather than worry about legal matters and issues.
At Parmenter Law, we are committed to community service and to helping the non-profit organizations that work so hard. We often speak publicly and teach the dos and dont's of serving on a non-profit board. Let us help you make your community thrive.
Learn more about our Team members below or contact us for assistance with a referral to a Team member who can assist with your non-profit organization needs.