Parmenter Law is actively seeking a full-time business/real estate Paralegal. Applicant will work primarily with the firm’s business attorneys and clients. Applicants should be highly motivated, have strong communication skills, and be proficient in writing, grammar, and Microsoft Word and Excel. The candidate must also have exceptional customer service and organizational skills.
Parmenter law is the leading law firm on the Lakeshore, providing expert legal advice and practical solutions to individuals and businesses located in West Michigan and throughout the country. Benefits include 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, dental, vision, paid time off, and paid holidays.
Essential Job Functions
• Research and obtain recorded documents.
• Prepare and record real estate documents.
• Basic knowledge of Michigan Land Title Standards.
• Familiarity with property legal descriptions.
• Procedural knowledge of real estate closings for residential and corporate transactions.
• Prepare and file corporate documents.
• 2 + years of legal experience.
• Excellent computer skills utilizing MS Word and related software, Outlook, PDF software, and file management systems.
• Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Must be a self-starter.
• Ability to absorb information quickly and adapt to change.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Team player orientation.
Please note this is an in-office position. Interested candidates should include a cover letter with their resume directly to Lisa Spyke, Office Manager, email@example.com