Parmenter Law is actively seeking a full-time Legal Assistant in our business/real estate area. This position is responsible for providing the requisite legal secretarial and administrative (clerical) support needs of assigned attorneys. Must demonstrate the ability and willingness to provide support in other practice areas as well.
Parmenter law is the leading law firm on the Lakeshore, providing expert legal advice and practical solutions to individuals and businesses located in West Michigan and throughout the country. Benefits include 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, dental, vision, paid time off, and paid holidays.
Essential Job Functions
• Provide legal secretarial and administrative (clerical) support to assigned attorneys.
• Prepare letters, memos, fee agreements, and other documentation as required.
• Provide documentation, as required, to clients, opposing counsel, and others.
• Data entry for the purpose of running conflict checks and new client set-up information as well as preparation of supporting documentation.
• Maintain an appropriate filing system for physical and electronic files for all attorney and client work.
• Proofreading and editing legal documents.
• Answer incoming phone calls for assigned attorneys, unless otherwise directed.
• Track time for projects.
• Perform other duties or tasks as assigned or requested (as needed).
• Excellent computer skills utilizing MS Word and related software, Outlook, PDF software, and file management systems.
• Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Must be a self-starter.
• Ability to absorb information quickly and adapt to change.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Team player orientation.
• Interested candidates should include a cover letter with their resume.
Please note this is an in-office position. Interested candidates should include a cover letter with their resume directly to Lisa Spyke, Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org